About usJolly Hockey Tots was established in 2012.
We are sure that you and your child will love our sessions.
We feel that physical education is an integral part of every child's life and all children should be introduced to such activity at an early age. We look forward to welcoming all existing and new children to our Jolly Hockey Tots classes.
AGE: If your child is between 2½ and 7 years old, enjoys having fun, socialising with other children in a safe environment whilst learning new skills and achieving individual goals that lead to Bronze, Silver and Gold medals then this is for them.
EYFS: Jolly Hockey Tots has been developed using the Early Years Foundation Stage framework (EYFS). This supports an integrated approach to early learning and care. The EYFS provides a set of common principles and commitments to ensure the delivery of quality early education and childcare experiences to all children. A copy of the EYFS 2014 can be downloaded from here.
SKILLS: Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. Your child will be given their very own key skills card, based on their own individual performance they can see how well they are doing by achieving a stamp every time they complete a skill.
The list of key skills are:
1. Grip and Posture.
2. Passing the ball.
3. Receiving the ball.
4. Passing, receiving and follow on.
5. Moving with the ball.
6. Moving with the ball and release.
7. Target scoring.
8. Moving with the ball and direction change.
9. Moving with the ball, change direction - control box.
10. Intercept a moving hockey ball.
11. Indian dribble.
SESSIONS: Each session our coaches:
1. Promote having fun through physical play.
2. Provide praise and encouragement.
3. Support your childs individual Physical, Cognitive, Linguistic, Social and Emotional development.
4. Create a positive environment that will encourage your child to develop their hockey skills and fitness through fun activities and games.
5. Support every child's individual learning through planned and child led activities that are challenging but achievable.
6. Provide clear instructions.
7. Provide time for adult and child to work together creating direct interaction and to allow the coach to observe and encourage your child.
8. Allow adequate time for your child to learn and practice skills to ensure your child has these skills for life.
Why Jolly Hockey Tots?You and your child will love our parent and child sessions.
Jolly Hockey Tots promotes physical education at an early age.
Jolly Hockey Tots sessions teach and develop the basic skills.
Plenty of fun and activities for both adults and children. The interaction of the adults with the children fosters good team building and bonding.